This feature is recently added to the latest Whatsapp app. With this backup option, you can easily take the backup of Chats, Images, Audio, Videos, and almost everything present in your WhatsApp app.
- Under Location, select where you want to save your backup.
- You’ll be good to go once it shows the Backup complete message.
- Advanced user can backup all partitions manually from adb pull as TWRP provides full access to raw partitions.
- If you get one of the best Android budget phones, you’ll want to back up your files from the old phone first.
- It is a PC Software designed especially for Android devices having MediaTek chipset.
You need to copy the backup to your desktop computer and restore it via the Fastboot app. If you don’t know how to do this, read our primer on Fastboot to get up to speed. So TWRP is a custom recovery that you need to flash on to your stock recovery to get the most out of your phone. There are more custom recoveries like CWM but they don’t work as well. Flashing TWRP opens up a whole new world of custom ROMS, Mods, Apps that are not officially supported, and much much more. TWRP technically stands for “Team Win Recovery Project” Which is an open-source custom recovery image for Android devices. It does require a condition though which is that your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- What if you need more control over how and where your files get stored on the cloud?
- The customizable panel has a gesture replacement and that’s the 3-button navbar which is highly useful for users who want the old navigation system back.
- With the help of the Android Debug bridge, you can install custom ROMs, mods, GApps, backup Android, flash official stock firmware, and install Android apps.
- With a rooted device, you have no restriction to stock ROMs download an APP.
- Your phone will automatically reboot into the stock operating system.
Whether it is the complete backup of our Android device or any section of media files that we need to secure, backups are the prime solution. It is a nightmare to lose all the data only to later realize the importance of the creation of backups. After successfully installing the app, launch it on your device and grant it the root access. It might detect your device automatically, but if it won’t work, you will get the following screen. As soon as the application will take the entire backup of your device, it will let you know with the following congratulatory message. You can now safely remove your device or can even view the newly backup data by clicking on the “View the backup” option. Now, simply select the type of data that you want to backup.
And with this, we conclude the guide on how to create a TWRP Nandroid Backup directly on PC via ADB Commands. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments. We will get back to you with a solution at the earliest. However, after you take this backup, it is always recommended to transfer it to your PC. This is because in some instances, wiping the data partition becomes an absolute necessity to remove encryption and for your device to boot properly. This is just one of the many cases, there could be countless others where a factory reset. Follow these step-by-step instructions to sideload the zip file on your Android phone.
Tap the Advanced Wipe button and you can choose the specific partitions to wipe—Dalvik Cache, System and Cache are needed for most ROMs. Internal Storage clears your internal store, and is something you would do for a full factory reset. One of the main uses of a custom recovery is to flash a custom ROM. It is possible to boot into this partition, enabling you to power on and access the files on your phone without loading the Android OS. Because Android isn’t loaded, the Android system files are not placed in memory, which means they can be accessed, edited and replaced. I’m glad that now you are able to flash any Custom ROM on your Android device.